Busy Bumblebees Montessori is a home based childcare provider set up by Dorothy Williams, a Montessori teacher and Outstanding Ofsted registered Childminder with over 10 years experience in working with children. This has been within Montessori Nurseries settings, Local Camden Authority schools, and in the home setting. I have a Montessori Pre Primary Teaching Diploma and an International Montessori Diploma gained in 1995/8.
I am also completing my Foundation Degree course in Children Education and Wellbeing at The University College London and will complete my B.ed in 2018.
I have worked in several Camden Primary Schools with children of primary school age, gaining experience of the Education system and undertaking training in Child protection, teaching communication and literacy in the Early Years and other various courses. I also have close links with the Montessori Association based in London.
- Undertaken pre-registration training
- Registered with OFSTED on the Early Years register and Voluntary register Received a Good grading for my first grading assessment.
- An Enhanced CRB check
- Pediatric first aid training
- Montessori Diplomas in Early Education Pre Primary Teaching Course(London Montessori Centre)
- Montessori International Diploma
- Membership with the professional Association for Childcare and Early Years, l am also a Local Camden Facilitator (PACEY)
- 2 years Teaching experience within an Ofsted outstanding Montessori nursery
- City and Guild Creative Techniques Jewellery
- Over 15 years Management experience within the NHS/Recruitment/Membership and the private and charitable industries.
l work with Montessori Trainee assistants and NVQ childcare assistants and students who have all been enhanced CRB checked and have Paediatric first aid.
If you need to know more about me then please feel free to ask.
Aims and Mission
My aim is to provide outstanding Montessori and EYFS based childcare provision, by identifying your child’s strengths and interests at every stage of their development. I ensure that every child receives provisions that reflect their unique characteristics, interests and enthusiasms.
By working closely with parents, sharing observations and information about the child, tuning in early to the range of strengths, interests and passions of children as they begin to emerge,Busy Bumblebees Montessori gain an insight into their potential and plan opportunities that enable this to be celebrated and nurtured.
The earliest years are a critically important time; the work of Busy Bumblebees Montessori could transform the child’s future educational experiences.
The children are shown the importance of taking care of the environment and are encouraged to recycle, and care for plants/flowers and our family fish at Busy Bumblebees Montessori.
Everyone coming into contact with children under the care of Busy Bumblebees Montessori have been background checked and approved by the regulatory body, Ofsted, following an Enhanced CRB check
l am fully insured and a member of the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY, formerly NCMA) l also work closely with them and blog for Camden Childminders.
If you need to know more about us then please feel free to contact us.